Reduction provisional assessments

Last updated: 8 April 2021

Do you expect a lower profit due to the corona outbreak? And do you now pay a provisional assessment for income tax or corporate tax? Then you can change your provisional assessment so that you immediately pay less tax. Reduce your estimated income for this. If the amount of the new provisional assessment is less than the tax you already paid in the first months of the year, you will be refunded the difference.

How do you change your provisional assessment?
For personal income tax, you can change the provisional assessment (online) via Mijn Belastingdienst.

For corporate income tax, you can change your provisional assessment in 3 different ways:

  • Use the special form in the new portal for entrepreneurs: Mijn Belastingdienst/Zakelijk. Go to Logging in for entrepreneurs, choose Mijn Belastingdienst/Zakelijk and log in with eHerkenning.
  • You make the request or change with a commercial software package or have it done by your tax adviser.
  • Are you unable to use Mijn Belastingdienst/Zakelijk? Only then will you fill in the form ‘Request or change provisional corporate income tax assessment 2020’ on this website.

Applications that are submitted in another way cannot be processed.

Publication date: 29 March 2020

Deferral of tax payments for entrepreneurs & reduction of tax interest

Entrepreneurs (including legal entities) may receive special deferral of payments for income tax, corporate tax, sales tax (BTW) and payroll tax. The conditions for applying for deferral of payment have been relaxed due to the corona crisis.



In case of questions, you can contact your current adviser. Do you not have an adviser (yet)? Call us at: +31 88 089 90 00